Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Resting...

Last week was the first time since starting all of this that I really had a bad week. Starting last Tuesday, I just felt like I had zero energy. I constantly felt like I was running on fumes. 

On Wednesday night, I went to my weekly Weight Watchers meeting and was not happy with the results. Well, I shouldn't say "not happy", but I was let down some what. I only lost .6 (yes, that's point six) of a pound. I was at least expecting my usual, but it didn't happen. 

One important thing I have learned to do with weighing in is look at it as a teaching tool, not a time to get depressed or over-anxious. Any of those emotions can bring on old unhealthy eating habits.

So, this time I learned that my body is responding, or not responding to what I've been doing. I've been feeling unchallenged the past couple of weeks with my diet and exercise. I admit, I did start trying new dishes on Monday, but, the workouts were the same routine. Even the 15 miles (give or take round trip) bike to the rec center to swim 30-40 laps was not challenging me enough. 

It is time for a revamp. 

I found a great swim workout online that I was super excited about trying Wednesday night. I forgot my paper, but could remember most of it. My friend and I did what I could remember and for the first time in awhile, I was feeling worked! It felt amazing!!

On Thursday, I was still feeling zapped. I mustered up all I had just to make it to do Zumba. Afterwards, I contact my trainer and chatted with her. 

It's no secret that I've been doing some hormone treatments to try and get pregnant again and this probably had to be what's been making me feel so sluggish. She suggested I take a few days off. 

I did. 

It felt so good to rest. My body feels better--muscles included. 

On Monday, I went for a 16-mile bike ride and felt great afterwards. I feel like the energy is coming back...slowly, but definitely. 

It also felt good just to have a mental break from it all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment