Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Week #1-- harder than I thought.

Week #1-- Going at it alone

This start of my weight-loss journey is much different from the start with the Big Loser contest. I had a support system built in and a trainer and frankly, more time and flexibility than this go-round. 

I have two months left of my Weight Watchers membership and I wanted to get back as soon as I felt comfortable and confident I could do this again. 

Last week, I packed my baby and headed back to Weight Watchers. I loved going back, didn't love learning what I had gained during the pregnancy, but my little baby is TOTALLY worth it. 

I had some fears going into this meeting:

1. Weight Watchers was on a new system...would I like it or should I even learn it since the old way worked perfectly for me. It's like learning a language and having it be voided and told to learn a new language. 

2. I wouldn't have my same friends there in class with me.

3. I wasn't sure my crazy life and schedule would allow me the opportunity to be successful with Weight Watchers because I would have actually eat when I'm used to not eating and not eating well. With a newborn, Mom comes last and I didn't know how tracking, planning, making extra things for me would work in when I am doing good just to get two meals in a day. (If that, and sometimes dinner isn't done until 9 p.m.)


My first mistake was not planning in advance that I was going to start last week. I should have prepared my pantry better--not that there wasn't good things, it was just lacking all the way around. Going to the store has not been one thing I've really done a lot of over the past month or so. So, I was feeling like I was having a rough start. 

My exercise regimen is also different because of my schedule and that I am also still recovering from the C-section. I can exercise, but just not like I used to because if I over-due it, I pay the price and my tummy hurts. 

However, I am still determined to get it right again, even if it's a bad first start. I returned to Zumba, which is much mental therapy as it is for my physical well-being. I also registered for a 5k in a couple of weeks to keep me working towards my goals. 

So, my first week, I didn't know what to expect. I lost 3.2 lbs. which was a pleasant surprise for me. I did my best, though could've been better, but, I was so grateful to see my efforts pay off and give me a boost that I can do this again, even if I am alone.  

3 comments:

  1. Jill, you are NEVER alone. I am always here, and I understand your struggle more than some. Thanks for inviting me to Zumba, I am really excited to go. When do you go to WW, I really need to get back there. Call me if you need to chat, I would love it! t.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have periodically checked back here for all this time- and I am glad you are back and even happier for the reason behind your absence! Congrats! That is so exciting- and you can do it- it may not be as fast as you want it to be, but you can most assuredly be successful-

    I have commented before annon.

    ReplyDelete