Tuesday, June 29, 2010

What happened to June?!?!

The last time I posted was after my birthday...which was a few weeks ago. It's been an insane past couple of weeks with some extra summer activities I've had my son going to. I've been on the verge of complete insanity. 

In any event...I've hit another HUGE milestone in my continued weight shedding efforts. Last week I surpassed my 60 lbs. mark....totally 61.4 to be exact!! It was my son's 4th birthday and before running to get his birthday cake, I went over to weigh in. Had too. I was anticipating this goal, and I couldn't wait one more week!

It made the ice cream cake taste that much better that night for sure! Now I'm looking forward to my next goal---not 70, but 75 lbs!

It feels amazing still. I can see more and more the hard work paying off. So many more people notice it and that's always fun. Even taking my son in for his annual check-up...his pediatrician was like, "WOW! You look amazing!" 


So...my skinny jeans from April now are falling off my hips and barely-hanging-on jeans. I fit into a size 18/20 and I haven't been able to do that since college--- which was 5 years ago. 


Other than... I have become more comfortable with allowing myself to eat different foods instead of the same thing week-after-week which was what I have done for the most part the past 5 months. It feels incredible to trust myself, trust food and trust the system. 


On June 19, we had a Big Loser Tin-man Triathlon and BBQ. We completed the beginner distance tri and I took 3rd place behind LaRae (who took 1st!) and Dawson! I was super proud of EVERYONE who gutted it out and completed it. It was AWESOME! We also did a post contest contest to see who could loose the most weight the 10 weeks after our contest ended. 


I am proud to say that I WON!!! I lost the most weight... 22.4 lbs. since the contest ended. 


In any event... now it's on to new goals. We're still doing a race a month, even if we make our own which is what is taking place in July. 


If anyone's interested in joining us for a 10k in July... let me know!


Next race: July 23-- 10k (my first 10k in YEARS)





 

3 comments:

  1. Wow! How exciting for you! great milestone and even better, that you are doing so well on your own without the added incentive of the contest- congrats!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats girl! You are so inspirational!

    PS: I gave you a Beautiful Blogger Award over at my blog!

    http://colormeuntypical.blogspot.com/2010/07/id-like-to-thank-academy.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. hope things are still going well for you-- remember that it is a journey- not a destination, and you might have to reset the GPS on occassion-

    ReplyDelete