Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Post Contest---

I had my first post-contest weigh in tonight and it felt really great. The scale wasn't that kind to me-- only shedding .4 of a lb. Actually... let me explain why that number is the way it is.

I weighed in on Friday during our finale in only a very thin tank top and my underwear. Trying to be as light as possible to get the best number to get 2nd place. After that, I put my clothes back on and got on the scale again--- 2 lbs. difference with clothes on.

So, tonight when I weighed in--- I had clothes on. So, I was thinking with the average of about two pounds a week that I loose, this might be an even week as far as the scale. So I was pretty excited to show there was still a loss! Matter of fact, there was only three of us from the contest that actually lost this week!

I can't explain the weight that was lifted after the contest was over!!!

Last night at Zumba... I swear I had more fun than ever before. It's always a blast...but, when you're not playing mind games with yourself the whole time... wondering if you're moving faster or harder than Kassie, Tina or Dawson---- and just moving and busting it out for YOU it's that even more enjoyable!! :)

However.... I am determined to keep going. I still have 120'ish pounds I still want to shed! That's a LOT of work ahead of me. Now comes the REAL contest. For the next 10 weeks (the same length as the contest)... I want to see how much more I can shed on my own.

To keep up this incredible motivation I have set some goals for myself:

1. One race a month
2. Size 18 by June 7 (when I turn 32)
3. Work out 12 hours a week (avg. 2 hours a day, 6 days a week)

This Saturday, I will join all the other Big Loser contestants, trainers and radio peeps in an ROTC obstacle course race at Dixie State College. Should be fun? interesting? hard?---> all of the above I am sure!!!



1 comment: