Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Stunned...

I admit, I was a little nervous about tonight's weigh-in--- not because I've done anything outside of Weight Watchers cause I haven't...but, after last week, I didn't know what to expect.

I also didn't get in 2 hours on Saturday like I planned. After the obstacle course (which I'll post about as soon as I get some pictures) left me a tired, good-for-nothing mess for the rest of Saturday. Monday night I let Coby go to the gym for a change while I stayed home and cleaned, preparing for my parents who are coming into town next week.

I got a great workout in last night, but still was nervous. I biked to Weight Watchers tonight--figuring if I met up with that blasted dog again, which turns out only lives a block up from me, I would run him over. Ironically, the dog's name is cupcake. It's neither sweet, nor anything I want near me--especially while I'm shedding weight. :)

You don't really now how roads go unless you're biking them. For the most part, I thought the roads here in downtown St. George were pretty flat. Not so much. It was hills all the way, steady ones with some flat--but, the kind of flat you still have to pedal to move--- you follow?!? Needless to say, it was a great workout there and a nice ride on the way back tonight.

For this week--- I got on the scale and the WW lady says-- this is your third best week! I was stunned and anxious. I had to wait till she showed me the book---unlike when we always yelled it out in our weigh-ins in the contest.

I shed another 3.8 pounds this week!!! I have been hoping the past couple of days that I would break 40 pounds and this loss certainly got me there.

My total is now 40.8 pounds GONE!!! WOOHOOO!!!

Not sure when I'll get the post-contest pics...soon as I do, I'll post them. It's crazy.

I feel amazing. I also am proving to myself, that this is certainly a life change for me. I am in control of this and it's just going to get better. I also had a dream the other night that I was at my goal weight. No one recognized me and I felt amazing. It literally was sad to wake up, but, I have even more determination now to get that in reality.

Also this week, I went in for the post-contest BOD POD test. This machine measures your BMI to the most accurate level possible. Prior to the contest you may recall it was 52% for me.

After 11 weeks of healthy eating and exercise, I am down 4.8% of body fat!! I was amazed and thrilled!! From getting 3rd in the contest, I get two more BOD POD tests to use whenever and I am super anxious to go back in and re-test in a few months. I am going to do one more by Sept. and then the other test in January for the anniversary of the contest and see how well I do in one year.

Another nice and totally unexpected surprise was my cholesterol. At the beginning of the contest it was 141 and now it registers less than 100. Their little machine doesn't measure or calculate below 100. WOOHOO!! That felt amazing that I was also making great changes for my heart.

I have learned so much about nutrition, proper food choices, exercise and also about my own body. How it works, how it responds and what I can do to help combat weight issues. This whole experience has been priceless.

So....there were a group of us Losers tonight at Weight Watchers who decided to put together a Big Loser triathlon this June at the end of our 10-week post-contest contest. We all are pitching in $10 to see who has the highest percentage of weight loss from April 2-June 5. I'm working hard for that money cause Momma needs some new clothes!! :)

Upcoming Races:

April 25- Cactus Hugger Family Bike Ride w/ Ben
May 1- Ivins City Fitness Festival 5k
May 22- Midnight 5k
June- Big Loser triathlon (I needed something in June, now I have it!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment