Saturday, April 3, 2010

Contest Finale...

WOW!! I can't believe the contest is over. It's insane. The last week was an emotional rollercoaster for me on many different levels.

I was sad that our meetings would be ending-- we always managed to have a blast in between our Weight Watchers meeting and our actual weigh-ins. We would walk around the buildings, do races, Zumba in the parking lot. We just made this whole process as fun as possible.

I also felt the nerves of being the final three. I knew that the highest I could get was 2nd place with Dawson still in the game. That was tough for me. I am a competitor and when I realized I couldn't win-- it was a tough pill to swallow. So I gave my very best effort to get 2nd place.

That didn't happen. I ended up in 3rd place but less than one percent. Kassie and I have been pulling close numbers the whole contest and we lost the same amount this last week, too. I won 3 months at Weight Watchers and 3 months at the rec center and some other things as well that I don't remember. :)

The final three, with our trainers, met at the rec center at 5 A.M. on Friday morning and trained HARD for two hours! Then we went over to the radio station for the live broadcast and weighed in. It was a blast!

I shed an incredible 5.2 pounds!! I couldn't believe it!! I almost lept for joy when I saw the scale go below 270. WOW!!! I am just amazed how all this hard work is paying off. Yes, Kassie lost the exact same...5.2. :)

So, my total for the contest was 36.6 pounds GONE!!! That was the second most lost by us girls. Tina lost 1.2 more than me...and I tried my best to catch her, but couldn't.

I celebrated by competing in a triathlon--- which I'll make a separate post about. :)

I can't believe what a gift I have been given. I am so thankful for the Planet and all the sponsors who made it possible to have this kind of avenue to set me in motion and give me the tools to completely change my life and my family's life. Matter of fact, by helping me, so many others have decided to make changes to. So many of my family and friends have started exercising, eating right and getting their own butts in shape! What an awesome chain reaction!!

On my first official day as having the contest ended--- I have felt so much pressure off my shoulders. My decisions are a little easier to make as far as my time. I have developed life-long habits, so those haven't changed, but it's nice to finally feel relaxed and enjoying this new lifestyle!!

I'm looking forward to the next couple of months. I am doing an obsticle course with all the Big Losers, our trainers and Chris and LaRae from the radio station. We're doing it with the college's ROTC group. It will be brutal, challenging and FUN!!! Then in May I am doing two 5k's. Looking forward to those. And by the time my birthday rolls around in June-- I want to be a size 18. I haven't been that size since college 5 years ago or so.

We did have after photos taken at the finale and I will post one as soon as I get one. I will post a pic from the triathlon, but the after photo from the contest will be much better!! Stay tuned...

No comments:

Post a Comment