Thursday, March 25, 2010

What a night!

I couldn't write this post last night because I was so emotional last night. 

It was a great night. I coasted through most of the day with no nerves, but as the time clicked down and 4 p.m. hit-- the nerves kicked in. It was the last weigh in to determine the final three contestants. I have been fighting hard and wanted to make it to the top three so bad. 

I got home, changed clothes, gathered my Weight Watchers stuff, MP3 player and headed out to run the 2 miles to the Weight Watchers meeting. I was in my groove, running along, jamming to my music when I approached this school playground. A dad was there with his daughter and his two dogs. Well.. I guess my running spooked the dogs and they came out charging towards me. 

One dog--- a dark brown chow mut was SUPER pissed and barking like mad and slobbering-- on the attack position-- then before I knew it, he was behind me and bit me. He got me really good. Three punctures, a scrape and it bruised up immediately. I was stunned. I didn't know what to do. I yelled at the owner, who didn't even apologize or even ask if I was OK. 

Matter of fact, he didn't grab his dogs and hold on to them. (Yes, there were two). I started running again and the dogs came after me AGAIN. I was livid. However, I found myself in a pickle. I knew I needed to report this to the police cause I was sure I would be getting a shot---but, I HAD to get to my meeting and weigh in so I wasn't eliminated. 

What to do?!

I carried on with my journey to Weight Watchers. This time, I was in a funk. I was super pissed about the dog bite and nervous as heck for the evening ahead. I got to Weight Watchers and walked around and around. 

It hit me like a ton of bricks--- I couldn't believe I have been able to accomplish this amazing shedding of pounds. I couldn't stop crying just thinking about the past nine weeks. 

I have accomplished a lot in my life--- have been to a lot of places, won awards, but nothing can beat this accomplishment. (aside from marrying my best friend and giving birth to the most amazing son, of course)

Nothing can beat this accomplishment because I have overcome 20-year-old emotional baggage demons, got past excuses that have held me back from being as active as I used to be and mostly I have come to know me better--that I really can do anything I want to do and kick butt at it. I also have really come to respect myself which is something all women need to do more of. Be kinder and more patient with our bodies. 

I have also started to reverse the bad habits in my son. We used to play a game called "Cheeseburger, French Fries and Ketchup" because that's what we always ordered at restaurants. Now, I have seen my toddler pretend to go to his Weight Watcher meetings and to the gym and when he took a sip of Coke the other day with my husband, he said, "that has too many calories." LOVE IT!! 

So... all of these thoughts, emotions and the feeling of the need to barf just got to me last night. 

I lost only 1 lb. this week. It's the least I've lost in a week this whole competition. However-- I MADE IT TO THE FINAL THREE!!!

Now, it's a race to see if I'll get 2nd or 3rd place. Let's be honest, neither Kassie or me can beat Dawson. I already told him to have a blast at the Fitness Ridge. :) But...I'm shooting for 2nd place now!!

We will be live on Planet 94.1 for the final weigh in next Friday, April 2. Be sure to listen in--- 7 to 9 a.m. :)

2 comments:

  1. You go Jill! I am so proud of you! It has been hard (I KNOW!!) and you deserve to be happy about everything that you've accomplished. I don't know how you do it all! I feel like I am working my butt off (literally!) but I still don't feel like I am working near as hard as you! You'll do great at the finale and you never know.... you could be spending time at the resort after all.... :) We love ya Jill and you're doing awesome! As for the dogs.... that's why I carry around a gun! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am proud of you too and want to see the after pics. Are they copyrighted? I am in awe!

    ReplyDelete