Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Big race...

Wow! I can't even describe what today has been like. I woke up this morning from a bad night of sleep. I was tossing and turning ALL NIGHT long last night. I was thinking-- did I do enough--- should I had that soup tonight (it was 2 point soup Weight Watcher taco soup). Then I just kept playing mind games all morning on the verge of throwing up just thinking about the weigh in tonight.

I had a good talk with Colleen, my trainer, who helped me re-group mentally.

However, it just got worse at the weigh-in. I was actually relaxed and came to grips that whatever happened...was just the way it was going to be. I know I've given 150% and you can't control the scale and you can't control what people want to do as far as voting... so I knew I would just roll with whatever.

So......... this week, I SHED 4.6 pounds!!!

I know. I am SO SURPRISED and THRILLED, too! I have had a total of 27.6 pounds gone! I wish I knew the inches... but, I haven't been measured... but, if you saw me, you could totally tell. That's an added bonus. The numbers are good, but the inches are rewarding because that's where the clothes drop off your body and that's what mine are doing. I have to find smaller sizes of my old clothes so I don't look like a bag lady with all these droopy clothes. It's an awesome problem to have!!

I also want to share something that I thinked worked for me this week. You try it and see how you do. I got this tip from Kassie who lost 5 lbs. last week. She told us after they amazing weigh-in that she started eating more often. She doesn't go longer than 2 hours without eating something. Of course, it is low point snack stuff, fruit, etc... but, it's the frequent eating that keeps the metabolism up and your body working. Try it and let me know how it works for you.

I have a 5k race on Saturday morning. I am SUPER excited about this!! I am so ready for it. Well, ready as I can be physically, but mentally... I am anxious for this great challenge.

I have to find a bike in the next couple of weeks because I have decided to do a Beginner Triathlon on April 3. I am SO PUMPED about this I can barely stand it... just gotta get a bike!!!!!!!

I'll be sure to post about my race afterwards on Saturday.... wish me luck! I am aiming for 40 minutes! It'll be tough, but it's my goal!!

2 comments:

  1. Where are the pics then girly! Show off! The frequent eating thing totally works. We went on a cruise last May (where you're typical weight GAIN is 5-10 pounds) and we ate constantly and walked everywhere. And we didn't even eat healthy, never broke a sweat. We assumed we were going to gain weight anyway so we ate all the time.

    When I came home I had lost 7 pounds!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are doing great! Glad you have a trainer and are going to Weight Watchers. The combination is powerful and doing a triathlon is just magic. I wish you all the best.

    Ingrid Loos Miller
    http://weightmanagementfortriathletes.com
    http://weightlossgals.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete