Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Never say never....

Never say never... I swore I'd never do another spin class again. I was able to do one this morning and I actually......dare I say...liked it. If my butt didn't hurt sooo bad and my feet were on fire today....otherwise it's a great class. :)

We had our weigh-in tonight and I was hoping to make my 10% goal today. I'm pleased to report that I shed 2.8 lbs which put me over my 10% goal!!! Yippee!!!

I didn't even come close to accomplishing this in the 12 weeks of Weight Watchers I tried a few years ago.

When Sue told me what I lost, I was a little sad...not remembering that would put me over. For some reason, I was thinking over 3 lbs. is what I needed. In any event, I will get my key chain next week--for those not familiar with Weight Watchers you get awards for meeting certain goals. When you reach your 10% you get a key chain that is a "10" and as you reach more and more goals, you get charms to add to it. I've seen Kassie's and I want one with lots of charms like hers!!

So...next week is our final week of voting. Thank the voting gods for that... I am TIRED of doing that not-so-fun requirement.

I definitely want to make it through until the final three-- and of course, I'd be nice to win--- but, honestly, I've already won!

I have amazing new habits that are really just make perfect sense--both eating and exercise. I have some of the greatest new friends anyone could hope to have in their lives from being a part of this contest. I have gotten on a life-long track of health and happiness.

I did start to feel sad and fearful during this last week that we won't have our Wednesday night rituals and then how am I going to do once this pressure is gone, there's no more contest and it's just me on my own.

I was feeling fearful because I have come so far-- what's the next step? So I told myself that I need to prepare NOW for AFTER the contest ends. I signed up for a triathlon on April 3--- the day after our final and have a goal to do one race each month.

In May, I'll do the Midnight 5k and will look for things to do the remainder of the months. That keeps goals for me to reach and work toward.

I have been given a tremendous gift with being able to be a part of this contest. I don't think those who chose me will ever fully realize what this has meant to me. I am a new person. I haven't had any negative thoughts about how I can't do this or do that--- I just feel renewed, I feel like I can do ANYTHING.

I can't believe this amazing journey (at least the contest part) is almost over. However... 30 lbs. is just the beginning for me. I have A LOT more 30 lbs. goals to reach!!!

Stay tuned....

1 comment:

  1. Jill I am so proud of you. You are doing great! I wish I got to see you more. It would be great to have a workout buddy. Keep doing all that you are doing. I need to get some pointers on eating healthier. Miss and love you tons. Terra

    ReplyDelete