Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Pants on the ground...

It's official... I am retiring the new pair of pants I got this Christmas. They are way too loose on me. I probably could still wear them as long as I didn't jump up in the air--- but, they also don't look good on me. Isn't it awesome that the biggest pair of jeans I own don't look good on me anymore. Now the trick is just finding my old jeans that do.

(Who wants to make a denim quilt for me out of my fat pants when I'm done?!?! I ain't goin back to this weight again... might as well get a good quilt out of them to remind me of all the hard work this is taking me!! I'd make it... but, I am sewing challenged.)


So, this week has been awesome. I feel better and better with each day. I JOGGED two miles this week. I did it on two different days and stopped for what at half mile.... but I DID IT!! It felt awesome. Actually, after my mile on Monday, I wanted to keep going for more, but I had gotten my butt handed to me during the Pilates class earlier.

The amount of weight I shed this week was..... 2.8 lbs!! That gives me a total of 23 lbs. exactly gone from my body.

I am going to change a couple of things this week and I have to goals that I want to accomplish this week:

1. Eat more veggies and fruits
2. Jog two miles, three times this week
3. Shed 5.7 lbs

Those are my goals for this week. Lofty?! Yes. Reachable?! You bet!

I am also going to join a couple of other contestants in doing a 5k next Saturday. I am going to work really hard to be able to finish it in 37 minutes. That would be an hour-and-a-half faster than one that I did on Halloween of last year.

Speaking of that last 5k... I was 23 lbs. heavier then and felt every pound of that on my knees. With the weight gone and some AWESOME shoes... I am confident I can crush that time. I won't be the last one to cross the finish line this time--- guaranteed.

Here are some things I am really proud of this week:

1. Shannon--- I caught her in the hallway on Monday right before Pilates started and she came in and joined Kassie and I during our first experience with that exercise. We're all still feeling the pain two days later--- but I am SO PROUD of Shannon for keeping it up.

2. Kassie--- This is the spunkiest girl in town. I am so proud of her-- she is taking control of her life, making this work and lost an incredible 5 pounds this week. She inspired me for my 3rd goal stated above.

3. Guy--- He is being an incredible example to his family and getting healthy. He does it all with the biggest smile in Utah. He is kicking trash and wearing the garbage bag to prove it. ;)

4. Bonnie--- This lady is showing true determination. When the going gets tough, that's when Bonnie gets going. She's got a true fire within her!

5. Mike--- This is the big guns... already down over 50 lbs. I can't believe it!! He is solid. He is a freakin machine. He is fully committed to this new way of life that we're all grasping for and he's giving all he has and inspires me week after week.

6. Tina--- This is who I deem as the contest Care Bear. If she was one in real life, she would be Care-a-lot. She has the most heart and has really been there for me with some great advice and some amazing encouragement. She ROCKS my world!

7. Dawson--- This man can shake his butt like there's no tomorrow and he ain't afraid to show it either. He came to his first Zumba class a couple of weeks ago and has been a regular every since. He is a great athlete and proves that mixing it up is key because he loses 8-freakin pounds every week! What a stud!!

8. Joe--- Joe and I go way back to my early days here in St. George. I am SO proud of Joe in stepping up to this challenge for the second time and making it work. You go, Joe!!

These are the other contestants (besides Trudy which I only met at the Last Supper and briefly at the second weigh-in). These people are so dear to my heart. So is my SUPER TRAINER, Colleen... who not only trains me, but pushes me, teaches and inspires me. I have already won this contest for all the education she's given, the experiences I'm having and for the new friends I've made.



No comments:

Post a Comment