Sunday, March 7, 2010

Today has been a really hard day for me mentally. On the first Sunday of each month, in my faith, we fast. We fast for two meals. So from dinner last night until dinner tonight (Sunday) we don't eat or drink.

So, this is the part that's been hard for me mentally. I have been so strict with Weight Watchers and trying something new this week--- this totally has thrown it for a loop. It's not in my plan to have 34 points at 5 p.m. That's not what is good to do at all. But, what do you do?!?

I've done my best to make good choices in those 34 points and not go crazy-- although, allowing my taste buds to partake of about an inch size piece of Texas sheet cake tonight at my son's friend's birthday gathering was awesome and hard.

The only dessert that I've had since I've started... so for six weeks... has been a Skinny Cow ice cream sandwich. And it's only been 2 or 3 of those, too. I've been really watching that weakness of mine. My tastebuds went INSANE when I had the small piece tonight. My tummy didn't appreciate it, but it felt good to have self control and go get more.

Now... I just hope today hasn't messed me up this week.

Back to the gym tomorrow!!


2 comments:

  1. you don't know me at all- but I am doing WW also- and I just fast regular, no worries about getting in all my poinst- I just have what I would regularly have for a single meal. It has seemed to work just fine and I just finished my third fast sunday. I have lost 17 pounds since the first of the year. Just thought I would share my personal experience. My sister also does that, too. I am enjoying reading your blog- Keep up the awesome work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree. I say have your fast and then just eat normally what you would eat for dinner, so 6 or 7 or 8 points (or whatever you normally eat for dinner). I promise I will NOT make the cake again until weight loss goals have been met and then we'll invite a BUNCH of people to a big party and that way we can have our one piece of cake but then everyone else will eat the rest! :) I told you it was super yummy! :) You're doing awesome and you'll do great at the weigh in on Wednesday!! :)

    ReplyDelete