Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Mind over matter...

OK... so Ruby Tuesdays isn't out to get me!! The All-star team wasn't in the kitchen preparing my steak last week that tasted oooooooooo so good!

With 3.2 MORE pounds gone FOREVER you can't deny that this is working!!

I am not going to sugar coat this... it's a LOT of work. It's digging deep within your mind and body and pulling it all out even when you think you can't.

What I've learned this week...

-- Ruby Tuesdays has a healthy options menu available UPON REQUEST and it is YUMMY! (See post below)

After eating there last week I could not shake some pretty strong guilty feelings. I had stayed within my points, but since the food tasted so good, it had to be wrong. Then Saturday morning I only did 90 minutes of working out instead of 2 hours. Coby had to work and the day care at the gym only keeps kids for 90 minutes. I felt like I was sabotaging myself even more.

Then Monday hit... heavy homework night for my husband and he had a test. I only got in one hour of working out. I was stressing hard core.

Tuesday rolled around, I got to the gym 15 minutes later than I wanted to... still my mind was just killing me with all these guilt feelings, but I wasn't doing anything wrong.

I talked with Colleen, my trainer, about it. She really helped remind me that even though I only did an hour on Monday, it was an hour more than I did six Mondays ago. She had some other really encouraging things to say to me as well. This isn't about a 12-week process for me. This is a life change. This is a life change mentally as well.

I am proud that I never turned to food for comfort or for pity while playing these mind games with myself.

It is truly mind over matter... and since I currently I have a lot of matter :) ... there's a LOT of mind tricks that come into play.

You have to stay strong. When those negative thoughts or feelings come in... or if you're feeling guilty because that 6 point steak tasted way too good..... BREATHE. It will be OK.

I can't believe how I felt as I powered through a mental-funk week and pulled off a 3.2 pound loss! I was ready to kiss Sue (our Weight Watchers leader) and everyone else around me.

I felt true joy and pride and the most important thing--- I FELT LOVE FOR MYSELF. I know I can do ANYTHING I want to do with my mind, will and determination. And so can you.


________________________________________________________

**7:30 tomorrow night @ Zumba..... meet me there where I'll be shaking what my Momma gave me... and then some... :)


No comments:

Post a Comment