Thursday, February 18, 2010

What a night!!!

So, I have to share this story... or stories about tonight at the community center.

I had just barely started my workout on the elliptical and I was concentrating and moving as much as I can.... then, I heard my name. I looked around and didn't see anyone, then looked behind me on the track was a mother and daughter that I always see at the gym. The young girl had called my name and waved to me. Of course, I waived back and thought... how do I know them?! The sweet Mom said, she's your biggest fan! I smiled so big, waved back and said thank you!

Then they walked off and then--- it hit me.

I started tearing up. She is the age I was during my whole school bus incident. I thought to myself--- WOW--- if she's my biggest fan, I want to work my VERY best and my ABSOLUTE hardest so that she will stay motivated to be healthy and hopefully never have to go through what I went through and what I carried with me--- all the hurtful words--- for 20-something years. I did my best workout on the elliptical and at Zumba tonight all for her. Next time, I gotta give her a hug for lifting me up and taking me to a whole new level.

Then... I kept going... this nice man comes beside me and asks how I like the elliptical. He's got a bum knee... and I said I LOVE them because the impact is low and the workout kicks trash. He got on and kept going and was converted! He had been doing the stationary bike, but wasn't getting near the workout as the elliptical was giving him. We talked the whole time I worked out about the contest, eating better, filling foods, Weight Watchers... basically I was telling him everything I've learned these past 4 weeks with Weight Watchers and working out. It was awesome. I am hoping he keeps moving to reach his goals, too!

As if that wasn't a great night... it got better at Zumba! We had Shannon, Guy, Dawson, Joe and me from the contest there shaking all we had. It was a blast to have some of the guys join us. They did awesome and they LOVED it. Now we just have to move Cedar City closer to St. George so Mike can join us, too!!

It was an incredible night....

3 comments:

  1. Yay! I love this...yes, I think I shed a tear. You ROCK! I am so stinkin' happy for all of you and I am so inspired by what you all are doing. You amaze me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Jill. Awesome blog. Yeah...I think Guy and I scared the people behind our behinds. I didn't think I'd had much of a workout after the Zumba, and then this morning my lower back was sore because I have NEVER shaken my hips like last night (not that I was really doing it then, either :)

    Thanks again for the blog! It's AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete