Saturday, February 6, 2010

Stepping it up a notch...

This week in Weight Watchers we discussed the importance of switching up your work outs and eating to keep your body working hard.

I am the type of person that can have tuna fish sandwiches every day and not get tired of them. The same with exercise. I find what I love and do it all the time. However, that can't keep going if I want to really give my body a run for its money.

So... I'm branching out with new recipes AND new exercises.

This morning I tried a spinning class for the first time. It will also be my last time, too! I did that at 8:30 this morning--- it's now mid-afternoon and my butt STILL hurts. I don't mean a little bit of pain-- I mean it constantly feels like I am sitting on a metal bar. Yeah--- it sucks!!

I am not sure how I got through that class--- I kept peddling the whole time-- except for switching butt cheeks here and there to help with the pain.

Afterwards, I went down to Zumba. I LOVE Zumba! I needed to get my cardio on since I wasn't feeling it from the spin class. We have such awesome Zumba classes--- if you haven't tried this class yet--- DO IT!! I never stop smiling the whole time. My calves never stop burning the whole time either (that's when I go to my happy place). For some odd reason, my arm flew up in the air when the instructor asked for volunteers to help lead a dance. I think my brain thought it was one dance--- turns out it was one of the fastest numbers we do. There I was.... on stage... no where to go then. I gave it ALL I had. I actually was surprised that my two left feet did as good as they did. Afterwards, I thought my heart was going to pop it was beating so fast. Holy moly!! I think in that one number I burned off 4,000 calories. OK, not really, but that's what it felt like.

Now it's time to plan this week's meals. I've always, always planned my menus a week out and shopped accordingly... but, I've tossed the old recipes I made and am working hard to find some great, Weight Watcher-friendly, yummy recipes. Luckily, I have a hubby and my son who eat anything. :)

2 comments:

  1. I am googling Zumba right now! I've heard enough from you about it that I've got to find out what the heck it is and how I get myself signed up! It sounds too fun to pass up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did awesome on Saturday. I was very proud of you getting up on that stage. Next step is coming out during the dance off battles. A great website for recipes is www.hungrygirl.com They also have great cookbooks. I love this site. They send you daily emails if you sign up for them. I've used the site for 2 years now.

    ReplyDelete