Monday, February 1, 2010

Test day...

Things have been going so awesome with working out and with Weight Watchers... I've felt like a new woman each day!

But today.... not so much.

It's just one of those days that you feel like everything in the world is conspiring against you. The pressures that come with life compound and all you want to do is hide.

I had an epiphany this afternoon coming home from work. I work part-time and right now is a really stressful time at work. Other than that, I forgot to put the dinner I had planned into the crock pot so I was stressing what I was going to fix that would be Weight Watcher-worthy.

I pulled into my driveway, walked to the front door and the thought came to me--- food will help solve these feelings of pressure and stress.

Thankfully, my mind recognized what was going on and new thoughts came to my mind--- 'no, Jill... You're stronger than this, you don't need food.' Relax, fix another meal you've planned this week that is easier and stick to your points program.

I did.

It was a moment of triumph for me!!

Before, I used food as a form of power and "staying in control" when all I was doing was spinning out of control.

This evening turned out to be the best moment for me so far. After dinner, some cleaning, laundry and tucking in my son and hubby, I went for a long walk. I think Monday's will be my official outside walking days since all the other days are spent working out indoors. It's refreshing to the mind and body to go walking outside. It was an hour of clearing my head and relaxing.

Will there be more down days? Sure. Lots.

Will I have the will power to get through them? Yes. I discovered something in me tonight that I've never had before--- WILL POWER!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so going to remember this blog entry. I had a totally "icky" day today, so cheated on my diet with a quarter pounder meal. I told myself as I was ordering that it's ok, I deserved it but geez, it didn't make me feel any better, just worse. Your right. Will power is a way better feeling. Tomorrow is another day.
    Thanks Jill! Keep up the good work!!!

    ReplyDelete