Wednesday, February 10, 2010

When the going gets tough...

What a day!!! For the first time since I've started the Big Loser, I've had a hungry belly all day. To make matters worse, it is weigh-in day, too! I am not sure if I've exercised so much that my body "thinks" it needs more calories.... or what the deal is...but, sheesh! I just kept picturing the orange hungry mascot for Weight Watchers... and pictured him as

It didn't help that I still had 22 points at dinner time. It's not like I was starving myself... it's just the breakfast, lunch and snack I planned out gave me that many points left for the night. I still had to get my milk in, so it was really 16 points.



So...it's been a tough mental day. I've never wanted to stray from my goals... that's not been an issue... but, it's been hard to keep old habits at bay.

I've been under a LOT of stress and with that have added on GUILT. I've felt guilty of being away from my family so much while working out and not being able to do all the things Moms do--- which is everything. My husband is in school as well and his nights have been picking up the slack of feeding, entertaining and bathing our son while I'm gone to the gym.

When you're feeling these type of emotions, it's super easy to want to eat to mask those emotions. However, that doesn't solve the problem-- it just creates one.

So...... I did something I don't normally do... I expressed my feelings to my sweet and understanding hubby. I told him I was feeling an incredible amount of guilt about taking so much time away and not giving him all the time he needs for studying and so on. His words to me were... I totally support you 100%, don't ever let guilty feelings creep in. You have worthy goals and Satan just wants to get into your head and start tearing you down. Don't worry about it.

We also talked about this tonight at our Weight Watchers meeting-- putting ourselves first.

Yes, it feels selfish. Yes, I do feel guilty. But, I have to keep the end in mind and having those comforting words from my biggest supporter, my husband, is all I need to reboot and kick some more trash this week. Plus, I see the benefits in my family... we're all making better choices and my toddler loves to exercise and pretends to go to his Weight Watchers meetings.

For the record... I lost... let me type that again.... I SHED 1.2 lbs. this week!! Yes, I was hoping for more....(especially after killing myself on Foremaster Ridge)... but, it's still a SHED! :)

When the going gets tough... the tough get going!!!

1 comment:

  1. Amen sister! I miss chocolate :( It helps a LOT to have a supportive counter-part!

    A few years down the road when you have a couple more kiddos to add to the mix you won't feel so bad about taking time for yourself! In fact, it will be welcomed with open arms! Take it from someone who knows from experience! :)

    And.... 1.2 pounds is AWESOME! KEEP GOING! You are my Zumba inspiration and as long as you're out there shakin' it, I will be too!!

    GGGOOOO JILL!! :) *wink**wink**

    ReplyDelete