Tuesday, February 16, 2010

When crawling on your knees is OK as an adult...

So... last Thursday, I went to the Body Slam class with LaRae and Tina because I've heard so much about what a great workout that class is for you. Well... I got MORE than I bargained for!!  (Yes, I still love ya, LaRae)

I think the final count of squats WITH weights was 448 and the total amount of lunges around the track WITH weights was 267. OK... at least that is what it felt like. Afterwards we went downstairs and did an hour of Zumba. 

Glutton for punishment?!?! Maybe. 

Sore all weekend? You bet!

It was AWESOME though. It was good to feel the muscles again and to work them out--- since they haven't been in a long time. At least the soreness is a great reminder that I am still living and that I have a working body. For that, I am so grateful for and am enjoying showing more appreciation for the gift I have in my body.

On Saturday, I was so incredibly sore. I did 90-minutes of Zumba, then I went and did a mile on the track--- JOGGING three laps!! :)  That was so amazing to me! I wanted to keep going, but needed to get home and actually pay attention to the mess that keeps building up since I am away so much lately. 

I could barely walk that afternoon. Matter of fact, I had to go upstairs to the bathroom and was CRAWLING up the stairs. Ben thought I was playing "puppy" since that's what we play sometimes. I was like... no sweetie, Mommy isn't being a puppy, Mommy can't walk because I' so freakin sore!

I also was really close to purchasing some adult diapers. Since we, as women, squat to use the toilet, my legs just couldn't do one more... it was SO PAINFUL to just squat to go potty. I got through it without the diapers. :)

I've been doing really great all weekend--- appreciated the day off from working out on Sunday-- and am SUPER ready for what Colleen, my super-trainer, has in store for me Tuesday night!!

No comments:

Post a Comment