Saturday, April 3, 2010

Triathalete again...

I can finally say that I am a TRIATHLETE again!!! I finished the Sand Hollow Aquatic Center's tri today and met the two goals I had set for this race. I wanted to finish in under an hour and not be in last place. My first triathlon was when I was 19 and it was a full tri (1 mile swim, 25 mile bike and 10K)... I finished in last place (although 2nd in my age group--lol)...and in about 3 hours.

Today's tri was a beginner one: swim 8 laps, 5 mile bike and run 1.5 miles. After completing all the blocks training last Monday, I did the swim in 5:50, the bike in 24 min and the run in 18. However, that wasn't the case today. My swim totally stunk. After the first two laps it was like I hit a brick wall and it took everything I had to complete the swim.

The bike was AWESOME! My friend and training buddy, Lestie, and I had rode the course three times in training and so I felt really confident. It felt even better passing people on their fancy road bikes. On the ride back in...this guy passed me... and for some reason... I got this jolt of energy and totally smoked him on the last little bit. That was fun!!

What wasn't fun---however--- it was funny was during the transition from the swim to the bike. I was so focused on being fast in my transition that I forgot that my swim pants were also doubling as my underwear for the day. So, I began to pull them down and realized mid-moon that my butt was showing. Too bad three people got the nice view. Opps. Oh well... it wouldn't be a normal day out in society if I didn't show my butt to at least one person, right?!

So....after I got off the bike, my pants were falling off. They were wet from the swim trunks so as I was getting ready for the run, I thought, it would be so hard to keep holding my pants up while running, so I shed the pants.

BIG MISTAKE!!!!!!!!!!!

I started running and shortly after started chaffing. It was so painful. I walked some to try to help...but, after halfway, I said screw it... no pain, no gain. I ran my little chaffed legs---chub rub and all-- all the way to the finish line. Good thing I did so I could make my goal!!

So here I am.... in the transition area after the race...

I have felt amazing all day!! I want to do another on next Saturday, too. However, I'll be on the obstacle course with the other Big Losers climbing walls, crawling on my belly with M16's and whatever else torture they have planned for us!!

Stay tuned....

Next Race: May 1st--- Ivins City Fitness Festival 5k & May 28th-- Midnight 5k

1 comment:

  1. Jill! I'm just SO proud of you! When I think about it, I check out how you are doing (sorry it's not everyday!!) and you did SUCH a great job! Exercise is such a high! I caught wind of that high before I got pregnant- determined to run a 5K- but nonetheless- that goal has been pushed back a little. As soon as baby Will is born (I'll give myself a little time, of course!) I can't wait to get "high" again! And I am determined to run a tri one day as well! Thanks for your inspiration! You can do it girl! You are awesome!!!!

    ReplyDelete