Saturday, January 23, 2010

Can I get a chair lift?

I am starting to wonder if the 3-story apartment is going to kill me or help me with all my sore muscles?!

Coby has been hovering as I have prepared my food for the past couple of days and I could tell he was wanting to ask something, but not asking. Finally, after watching me calculate points on my awesome points calculator today-- I asked if he wanted to join me in Weight Watchers. He said yes-- I knew there had to be something he was wanting to do. He has been SO SUPPORTIVE and helpful in this, I am so blessed to have such an amazing husband and now--- diet/workout partner!

We got an elliptical machine today! I am SUPER excited. My co-worker was selling his that he used to use to stage homes in Salt Lake and now it was just taking up space in his garage. I worked out today at the rec center and then some more tonight on the elliptical. The only thing is.... it says it has a weight limit of 275. Opps.

So... Larae from the radio station sent out this AMAZING soup recipe. I'll post it below. We had it for dinner tonight and it was SO YUMMY!!! I was so full and couldn't finish two cups. (I had a lot of points left tonight... and still did after dinner)

Taco Soup~

2 Points per cup

1 pound of ground turkey or lean ground beef
1 large onion, chopped
1 (1 ounce) package of Hidden Valley Ranch Dressing mix
1 (1 ounce) package of taco seasoning mix
1 (16 ounce) can pinto beans
1 (16 ounce) can chili beans (hot or regular)
1 (16 ounce) can whole kernel corn
1 (8 ounce) can diced Mexican Style tomatoes
1 (8 ounce) can diced tomatoes

* I don't like tomatoes, but Coby does and I substituted one can of tomatoes for a can of black beans.

Brown meat and onions and drain. Mix ranch dressing mix and taco seasoning mix into meat. Without draining, add all of the other ingredient and simmer for one hour.

I also had Fat Free saltines... even though they have the same point value as the regular ones, I mentally felt better choosing no fat over a little. 5 crackers for 1 point.

With the soup and crackers, it's a great filling dinner with very low points!

3 comments:

  1. Once Tiffany told me to go run on a treadmil for a half hour (back when I was trying to lose weight) but the one in our apt gym was broke, so I thought the elliptical machine would be the equivalent. IT IS NOT! OUCH!

    ReplyDelete
  2. great recipe - Tim and I make that all the time. We usually do ours in the crockpot. We add a chili seasoning packet and call it chili!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Top it with a serving of fat free sour cream. I can't remember the points value, but I think it is 0. It is so yummy!

    ReplyDelete