Friday, January 22, 2010

Day #1

WOW!! I found a new love and it's called ZUMBA!!!

First of all, it's been awesome feeling more in control of my life again. I can't wait to start planning some great (better nutritional) meals for my family. We've had our list of favorites we've rotated, but I am ready to start finding and preparing better meals all around. When I come across some yummy recipes, I'll be sure to share!

So.... I met with my trainer for the first time Thursday night! All I can say is she rocks. She totally wants me to succeed just as much as I do and it feels awesome.

We did a little work on the weight machines. My muscles seriously felt like they were waking up from a looooooooooong sleep. :) Of course I use most daily in walking, etc.... but being worked out. It's like I felt them screaming for joy!!

Afterwards I went to my first Zumba class for some cardio! That is the best class ever created for fitness as far as I am concerned. I am even more pumped to shed my pounds so I can move across the floor and dance like I used to and like how my body wants to!! If you haven't tried this out yet--- YOU HAVE TO!!

I was smiling the whole time. Who smiles the whole time they're exercising? Honestly. I was. :)

I found my food scale when we moved and that has been awesome. I measured my meal perfectly and it was so filling!

I am fortunate to have a co-worker who is selling us his elliptical machine at a great price and for cheap monthly payments-- which I'll pick up this weekend. It'll be SAWWEET to have that machine in my house!!

Also looking forward to some new shoes as a gift from one of the sponsors-- St. George Running Center. He is giving each contestant tailored fit work out shoes for FREE!! My feet thank him!!

Looking forward to another good day tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment